Knowingly or unknowingly we are continuously using our mind powers without any breaks. Except in deep sleep our mind keeps ‘working for us’. Now this is a matter of investigation whether our mind is working for us or against us, but its a different topic which need to be discussed separately. But it remains a fact that our mind doesn’t take any breaks, doesn’t take any rest in between, which obviously is driving our mind crazy. Our mind is not able to function efficiently because of the stress created by this continuous working.
So what we can get out of this day-off from mind?
– Body can function according to its own laws because mind is not going to interfere and body will feel rejuvenated
– Mind will get lot of rest from a day’s inactivity
– It will reduce overall stress level
– Body and mind will get chance to synchronize with each other
– You will get opportunity to explore deeper levels of existence beyond body-mind system
Since our mind has been working for ever, the whole functioning of mind has become very mechanical, robot like. So even if you decide not to use your mind for a day, it would continue working. In fact it might fight with you and might not allow you to shut it down. By using these tips you can help your mind shut down smoothly.
– Choose a day when you don’t have to do any urgent work
– It would be best if you can stay alone in your place
– Depending on your situation, you might choose to inform your friends and family that you are going to be very busy with yourself so you don’t expect any visits or calls
– Arrange some good music, only audio. Instrumental music would be better but it depends on your taste
– Arrange some good food for yourself
– Keep some loose and comfortable dresses ready
Starting your day
When you wake up in the morning, stay on the bed for few moments without doing anything. If you feel like lying down (but not sleeping), do so. Now start your day very slowly. Do everything as slowly as possible, it might feel strange in the beginning but soon you will be able to feel the joy of it.
Make a cup of Tea for yourself, slowly. Enjoy each and every part of making tea. It might feel strange or even stupid but soon you will discover joy of it. Now tea is ready. Take it to your favorite place and enjoy it. You may choose to listen to some nice music while having tea.
If you have not done it last night, then turn off your mobile phone, computer and other such devices now, which connect you with others.
So what’s next
There is no next today. Let your day flow as it flows. Today is a day of no planning, no schedule, no deadlines, no time crunch. Spend as much time as you like in anything you are presently enjoying. Today choose random actions and activities over planned ones.
Remember that you will not be judged by the end of this day. There is no better option than what you are doing right now and there is no better way of doing it. There is nothing that you are expecting out of the current activity. The activity itself is complete. Enjoying what you are doing right now is the only outcome of it.Physical activities will help a lot in relaxing. These activities may include taking long shower, laying in bath tub, dancing, spot jogging, jumping, doing crazy movements with your body, cleaning, preparing food etc. Gardening is one of the best stress busters so if possible spend time with your lovely plants and flowers.
Whenever you feel restlessness in your mind, get involved in some of your favorite physical activity or get something nice to eat.
Taking a quick nap can be a good idea. It will give your body and mind bonus rest.
Have a wonderful day 🙂